A POP is “a persistent, contextualized, and specific issue embedded in the work of a professional practitioner, the addressing of which has the potential to result in improved understanding, experience, and outcomes.”
-Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate (CPED), 2016
Our 2021-2022 POPs include:
- Alternative Forms of PL
- Instructional Coaching
- Measuring the Impact of PL
- New Teacher & Mentor PL
- Online PL that Doesn’t Stink
One of our goals for our 2021-2022 POP collaboration is to create deliverables. Check out our progress below and join us for our next F2F meeting!
Current POP deliverables:
LFNTX Community Learning Opportunity!
If you’re looking for a way to streamline communication and provide feedback to the teachers you support, then join us (virtually) on November 4 from 9:00-10:00 AM. A LFNTX community member is going to lead us in an overview of the KickUp platform and the Chrome extension, Autocrat. Both are tools to support communication and feedback. To receive the invite add your email to the top of the Instructional Coaching Google doc in our LFNTX Collabor8 team folder (2021-2022 > POPs).
Visit the Bright Morning website (hosted by Elena Aguilar) for free coaching resources! https://brightmorningteam.com/free-tools/
Tip for Success!
- Provide clarity to all stakeholders around the different coaches in the district that are available to teachers and what their role/support may look like; be mindful of a teacher being supported by too many coaches at one time/not receiving the appropriate, targeted support they need.
- Lean on anecdotal feedback and observation to measure impact of PL; coaching logs and personal reflections from learners can shine a light on what learners are seeing as beneficial and impactful to their work.
- Tiered or pathway coach training allows you to differentiate the way your are growing the people who are growing your people!
- Learning walks and model classrooms are valuable tools in supporting new teachers!